Nov 19, 2009

A Good Number

We are in the middle of week #31...less than 10 weeks! The little guy isn't so little anymore. He is 16 inches long, 3.3 pounds (I dare you to try holding 4 naval oranges in one hand), and Allyson thinks he is going to be a gymnast. He is active and does not care if it's 3 PM or 3 AM. When he gets excited, he goes for it! Cartwheels, somersaults, and high-fives ensue. We went to the doctor yesterday. Besides waiting for an hour, everything was great! Allyson has been dealing with a little bit of allergies stuff, but the doc was not worried. We continue 'every 2 weeks' visits 2 more times and then begin 'every week' visits until he's born.

I am busy reading this exciting book (don't be jealous guys). Actually, it has a lot of good information. We are getting close (not yet) to packing our bag for the hospital. All the emails and books we are reading are starting to suggest things to consider when packing that bag. Most of the items are good reminders, some we would have never thought about. But this one made me laugh..."A photograph or object to focus on during labor". I don't know if it helps or not, but for some reason I don't think we'll be packing a photo or object for that reason.

Speaking of the #31, my older brother (Jeremy) turned 31 yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY! I half-heartedly encouraged Jeremy to start a blog the other day thinking he would think I was stupid. Well, I think he thinks I'm stupid, but he started a blog anyway! So, for those of you that know him, jump on over to Thompsons in the Desert...and let him know I sent you. Allyson and I are blessed with great brothers! We love all you guys...and you girls aren't bad yourself!

Wow, that was a long one. Love you all!
Mark and Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment