Nov 9, 2009

D.I.O.

It was quite an adventure we (my dad and I along with the help of my good friend, Dave) set out on a few weeks ago. The plan...while the girls (Allyson, her mom and my mom) were having fun at Allyson's first baby shower, we would knock out double windows in our kitchen and replace them with a sliding patio door. Seemed easy enough. During the week leading up to our planned adventure, Allyson was talking with a co-worker who was having a similar renovation done at her home. Her friend told her the sales clerk was adamant about the need to have professionals do such a renovation. We laughed and decided we would d.i.o. (do it ourselves)...or at least try.

Before...During...Almost complete...With curtains...Stairs outside the door...Well, it didn't all go exactly as we thought or planned, but all things considered, I think we out-did ourselves...well the outcome out-did my expectations. We got the door in and we had a lot of fun working on it. Big thanks to my dad and Dave for not only helping, but being great foremen! And of course to the girls who kept encouraging us along the way...even when they weren't sure if we knew what we were doing.

Til next time--
Mark and Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment