Jun 21, 2009

Baby story and Dads

Flipping through the channels tonight, I (Mark) caught the last 5 minutes of A Baby Story. I have never seen the show before. Allyson has already given up on ever watching that show again (at least while she is pregnant). It's a bit traumatizing for her to watch. I don't think I am going to be able to watch it again either. The dad was taping the c-section delivery. And for some reason it hit me...I'm going to be a dad! The full reality of 'going to be a dad' hasn't quite hit me fully. The first ultrasound was the first time it began to sink in. Hearing the baby's heartbeat definately took it to another level! Today was another one of those days filled with more joy and wonder.

Speaking of dads, Happy Father's Day! This Father's Day is obviously a lot different than years before. Mother's Day was special as well (our first positive test was the day before), but our excitement we had to contain between ourselves. We both have great dads (and moms) who have given us great examples of love and support we can only hope and pray to duplicate. We love you all!

Look tomorrow for another post. Anyone want to guess what fruit our baby's size is compared to this week??

Love,
Mark and Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment