Feb 1, 2011

The Party Part I: The food.

Other than Asher, the 2nd most important thing at any party is THE FOOD. I went back and forth with the menu, but as the guest list got larger, the menu got shorter. There were 3 main things on our menu: candy, cupcakes, and oreo pops. Basically, it was a sugar overload and I loved it. First up...the candy bar. Asher had a little jungle/safari theme, so these cute little animal print containers were perfect!

Instead of ordering a huge cake I decided I was going to make cupcakes. Now, I love an easy shortcut that makes anything better and boy did I stumble on a good one. I read that if you put 1 dry packet of pudding mix in your regular box cake mix recipe it will make the cupcakes nice and moist. Mission accomplished! These were so yummy if I do say so myself. They were funfetti cupcakes, french vanilla pudding mix, and homemade butter cream icing...I am still on a sugar-high.

Last, but certainly not least I made some "Bakerella" inspired oreo pops. Monkeys, Tigers, and Lions! Let's just say some looked like a 1st grader made them, but overall I think they turned out great. I had a blast making them and Asher and I had an even better time "disposing" of the mess-ups. (Don't tell Mark!)


Next up...presents!
Mark, Allyson, and Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment