Sep 15, 2009

22.5 weeks:)



This week (22 weeks) our baby boy is the length of a spaghetti squash. I (Allyson) just happen to love spaghetti squash and just might go to the store tomorrow and pick one up to make for dinner. This might be slightly weird since they are comparing my baby to it this week, but I think it is ok:) Lots of exciting things have happened this weekend/ week.

#1 I turned the ripe old age of 27 on Saturday and spent the entire day being spoiled by Mark. It was great. I never lifted a finger or cooked a meal. He even took me to a girly movie (The Time Traveler's Wife...which I highly recommend). The only thing that would have made it better would have been a Buckeye win, but we won't talk about that. Thanks to all of you for all of the cards and surprises that came in the mail...I loved them all!

#2 I finished my Master's degree on Monday at approximately 3:30 pm. Who is counting, right? I can honestly say that it was one of the best feelings in the world. I rewarded myself by getting a professional massage (which a great friend bought for me as a gift a couple months ago). I was saving it for the perfect moment and I finally found it. I also started the newest Nicholas Sparks book because I haven't read a book just for fun in a while. It is so nice!

#3 We are almost settled on a name. I have a good feeling that by this time next week we will be able to share it with everyone. You might like it, you might not.....but we are sure you will love him so it won't matter:)

#4 Mark is traveling back and forth from pastor's retreat during the middle of this week. I am sure it will be a nice break for him.

#5 My mom is coming this weekend! I am definitely excited about this one because it has been too long. It also starts the first of many weekend guests and weekend traveling to see friends and family which have both been much overdue.

#6 We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Just a regular appointment that will probably last about 5 minutes, but hearing his heartbeat never gets old.

I think that is about it for now. Love and miss each of you. We will update a bump picture next week!
Mark and Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment