Jun 3, 2012

Family 5K

Mark and I have been doing the couch to 5K running program. It is a 9 week program that gets you ready to run 3.1 miles at one time. Mark signed us up for a 5K in Louisville for June 2nd. The only problem with this is that we were only 6 weeks into the program! I was a little nervous this morning because I really wanted to run the whole time. The only problem was that I was pushing Asher in a stroller and my longest stretch of running without walking had only been 20 minutes. Yikes!

Here is a picture of us pre-race. Mark made a goal for us to finish in under 32 minutes. I said "Sure!" but in my head was thinking "yeah, right."

Asher looks a little perplexed in this picture, but he really was having a good time:)


This is basically what Levi did the whole time. Strollers make him sleepy:)

 

This is us post-race. I am happy to report that we ran the entire time and finished in 31 minutes and 50 seconds! Holy moly, I couldn't believe it. Mark could have run much faster, but he graciously ran with me the whole time. What a good guy:)

 

Allyson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment