Dec 22, 2009

What not to say...

During the past 36 weeks of my life, I have come to find that there are some things that should never be said to a pregnant woman. I would like to share a few things that have been said to me that actually make me (Allyson) laugh out loud as I write them in this blog. Now, don’t get me wrong, these really haven’t hurt my feelings because I think that some of them have actually come from a good place, but come on…not cool. Here are my top 5. 4 through 1 were actually said by adults with college degrees which might make them even more funny.

#5 “Wow, Mrs. Thompson. That shirt really makes you look large today.”
#4 “You are only 34 weeks pregnant? I would have guessed you were going to have him any day now.”
#3 “I think you grew over the weekend!”
#2 “You are all baby, but I tell you…that is one big baby!”
#1 “I had a big baby and I almost didn’t make it. I am serious, I almost didn’t. It was a miracle I was able to deliver. I hope you don’t have the same trouble as me.”

My common response to these statements is a blank look, followed by, “Thank-you….Yes….or Me too...” Other than that I have been at quite a loss for words.
My personal favorite is #1….I hope labor doesn’t almost kill me too….I think most people feel that way, there is no need to say it out loud. Trust me, it is understood:)

Hopefully this gave you as good a laugh as it did us!
Can’t wait for our trip to Ohio tomorrow!
Merry Christmas,
Mark and Allyson.....and her big belly:)

No comments:

Post a Comment